Community Council Members
Panguitch High School
Mr. Quarnberg, Gary Bennett, Shawn Caine
Mike Sarles, Ryan Josie, Amy Dodds
Lewis Barney, and Deanna Moore
Panguitch Middle School
Mr. Quarnberg, Jan Frandsen, Clint Barney
Todd Breinholt, Paula Palmer, Rachel Finch
Vonnie Parkin, and Wendy Eyre
2-11-2013 COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Attending: Rod Quarnberg, Lewis Barney, Mike Sarles, Debra Pollock,
Gary Bennett, VaLynda Mooney, Natalie Perkins (presenter)
Absent: Ryan Josie
1. Review minutes of last meeting - vote - Lewis voted to accept,
Debbie seconded - motion passed unanimously.
2. Council reports
VaLynda Mooney reported - #1 digressing in happiness level #2 number
of failing notices given over intercom. #3 intercom calling on
absences. #4 cowbell at games taken away (this was explained as per
UHSAA rules). #5 need of a financial aid night (this is already
scheduled for February 20).
Mrs. Pollock addressed several concerns regarding respect, scheduling,
Mr. Sarles also commented on lack of respect that youth at large are
3. Review school calendar
1. School improvement/mission statement, beliefs
Reviewed how students, parents, and staff will participate in
accreditation surveys. Also reviewed some school improvement ideas
such as a wall-of-fame.
3. Accreditation - surveys
Natalie, Debra, and Gary were asked to go back to our group and
go through and give ratings on the assigned standards. A school
community council member was assigned to each group. VaLynda was
assigned to Natalie's group, Lewis Barney was assigned to Debbie's
group, and Mike Sarles was assigned to Gary's group.
4. We reviewed the mission and belief statement and discussed possible
word changes (molding competent, confident).
5. Lewis brought up the idea of having an official high school
Facebook page where announcements are posted.
1. Possible vote on carryover -
Library make over and update - idea of paying a person to
renovate starting now - maybe paying a stipend or hourly to get it in
A vote was taken to move forward with this- Lewis Made motion to
provide a $1000 stipend, VaLyinda seconded, voting was unanimous.
Ideas also to have workplace learning students trained to work under
librarian to extend hours.
Next meeting - March 11 @ 3:00
1-14-2013 COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Attending: VaLynda Mooney, Debra Pollock, Lewis Barney, Rod Quarnberg,
1. Reviewed school calendar
2. Asked if anyone had any concerns or anything to report
1. Fall report - Rod discussed the fall report and what was in it.
2. School improvement/mission statement, belief statements - some
suggestions were made and then discussed having the members think on
it. Discussed what are we trying to accomplish.
3. Accreditation - surveys discussed teachers will get it done, Gary
will have students do it during class presentations - suggestions were
taken on how the best way to get parent involvement. Wondering if
paper and electronic can be done simultaneously. Discussed having a
parent night with credit for students to have parents come in and do
4. 2013-14 plan- discussed having a teacher teach English so Mr.
Houston could teach debate and Spanish I & II. Felt it was very
successful. Wondered if drama is coming out of district or trust
lands. Discussed library and possibly finding a librarian for a few
hours and possible new furniture to make it more inviting.
1. Possible vote on carryover
February 11 @
12-10-12 COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
1. Review Minutes of last meeting – vote to accept
2. Council Reports
3. Review School Calendar
1. Review Timeline and Roles
2. Review Fall Report
3. School Improvement/Mission statement, Belief statements
4. What to do with carryover
1. Possible vote on carryover
Next Meeting –
January 14 3:00